Fort CollinsAlthough Fort Collins might not be the biggest tourist destination in all of Colorado, it is definitely a place worth stopping. With cute shops, great restaurants and hiking just a few minutes away, what is there not to love? I visited my sister this past week and had an absolute blast. We went to Post Malone at Red Rocks, which was amazing, went hiking, ate a lot of food and shopped till we dropped. Here is my roundup of where to shop, where to eat and what to do if you visit the rocky mountain state.
Where to Eat
- This Cajun styles restaurant is seriously the best. It is set in the most picturesque yellow house and boasts a menu where everything tastes good, no matter what you are feeling. Although they are known for their beignets, their french toast is seriously the best. I also have tried their po’-boys, which are to die for. You can’t go wrong with this staple! Also, they have locations in other cities in Colorado!
- Colorado Room
- Do you enjoy the fact that Colorado is laid back? Do you like beer? Then this place is for you. The Colorado Room serves sliders, but they call them sammies. The environment of this restaurant is super chill and the staff is extra friendly. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
- The Mayor
- I’m a big burger gal and The Mayor’s burgers do not disappoint. With over 100 beers on tap, great burgers and crispy fries this is the place to be.
- Walrus Ice Cream
- I love ice cream. Every time I go to a new town I am always looking for the best ice cream. Walrus is located in Old Town and has great ice cream and the cutest vibe.
Where to ShopEvery time I come to Fort Collins I go to my 3 favorite boutiques. All of these are super cute, have friendly staff and have great price points.
- Located at Jessup Farm, this boutique has so many different brands and is constantly getting in new styles and clothes. They carry brands such as Amuse Society, See U Soon and more. It is also located next to restaurants and a great coffee shop.
- Rustic Thread
- Although this boutique is on the smaller side they always have unique pieces that I never find anywhere else. Along with that, they also have a location in Denver.
- Blue Harvest
- This boutique is great for basics. They carry Joah Brown, which is a great brand that is soft and basic, so it will never go out of style!